Speaker: Joaquin Zihuatanejo
Client: Kansas City Kansas GEAR UP
Description: 60-minute virtual session with focus on College & Career Series.
For our 4/13 Pa’lante event, here is the schedule:
Session 3: Arts & Education – Tuesday, April 13 – 3:30PM CST
• 3:25pm: Looped slides with music
• 3:30pm: GEAR UP & KCKPS World Language Dept. introduction
• 3:33pm: Edgar Palacios, keynote speaker (10-15 minutes)
• 3:43/45: CoolSpeak: Joaquin Zihuatanejo (15-20 min)
• 4:02pm: Q&A Conversation – 25-28 min
1. Introduce yourself, your cultural background & talk about your connection to KC/KCK (if applicable)
2. How have you embraced your cultural background in your art or experience as an educator?
3. Can you talk about a time when you experienced a challenge regarding language or your identity and how did you overcome it?
4. How do you use Spanish in your career as an artist or educator?
5. How did your identity/cultural background influence or impact your college or career experience?
Additional questions from 9th & 10th grade students. Please keep in mind, their questions will show their inquisitive nature. When possible, try to connect your answers to the theme and purpose.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Elizabeth Mounteer | Lead Site Coordinator
University of Kansas
GEAR UP — Harmon Cluster
Office Phone: (913) 825-1815